Saturday, October 29, 2011

And life returns to normal?

The whirlwind of craziness has begun to come to an end. Last week was the end of my 6 month project, and it turned out pretty well. But, I am partial. Here is the second half of the finished project (there were two live shows), http://www.nationalparks.org/npf-at-work/our-programs/electronic-field-trip/

Super VIP Nick and his multi-tasking ways
This was an awesome project to be apart of, a real team effort. And where it was unveiled was just as cool, the Saguaro NP BioBlitz. This 24 hour species count did this national park well, and not only were over 400 species counted that have not been before in the park, they also found a non-vascular plant, a moss-like, that could quite possibly be new to science. What? I thought that only happened in the rain forest.

 So, now I lay here lazily on a Saturday with my brand spankin' new mac. Pretty proud and stoked about it, now I have a computer that will help me in the ways I need. And Frida Paprika just bundled on the bed, crazily burying herself in the fluffy down comforter, for which she has found she has a liking to. The air is chilly,  most windows have been closed, and socks are being worn.

The plants are hanging on, and had I of paid attention to the weather I would have probably covered all the plants. It was a whopping 34 degrees this a.m. I hope the green things survived, hopefully getting stronger with this cold snap.

The watermelon I have been waiting for all summer seems to be slowing down in its growing frenzy and is only the size of an egg. Oh how I hope that this little thing will grow where I can taste it. Some of the tomatoes have just gone nuts and I think a second harvest is in the near future. I loved the Zebra tomato, and it is the plant kicking tail and taking names. And the brussels sprouts are slowly growing as well. I can't wait to roast those bad boys up and have them in a burrito. Aaaah, the aspirations of gardening.

Please grow so I can eat you

"Second season, here we come"

The next generation

Sprouts tootling along

Early fall sunflower
I thought the end of summer had brought the end of the growing season for a bit. Nope, round two for some plants, and time to shine for others. And once I return from my upcoming ventures, the green house will start its formation for the duration of the winter growing season. Pretty pumped about this project so I can continue growing greens and also have the space for a plant nursery. I can almost taste the cabbage now...

No comments:

Post a Comment