Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Itty, Bitty Plantlings!

I scored a bit of time off from work and went a couple of states east to visit family for my nephew's second birthday. Unfortunately I picked something up there, either a killer allergy attack or something coldish. Not to worry, I have consumed two packages of Emergen- C, echinacea, netti pot, eucalyptus, menthol, and lots of fluids to try and curb whatever this may be. But a couple of sweet surprises occurred while I was gone, and I found them on this lazy day.

First off the mother of millions plant has SO many flowers. There were about two open when I left, now the whole darn thing is covered with flowers. This is the first year the plant has flowered.  I was gifted this plant back in 2008 I believe, and now I can't wait to see what happens next. Not only is the mother of millions rocking it, but so are the little plantings whose seeds were set in soil on January 9.  I walked past the planting try and saw little green goodness peeking up from the moist soil. YEAH!!! It could have been sooner than 8 days, but not by much. And boy was that quick! So far on the list are 3 kinds of tomatoes (Zebra, Peacevine cherry, and Hogheart paste) and German thyme.

Mother of millions in bloom
This succulent has the sweetest flowers

Oooh, the green goodness emerges
After telling my sister of the transformation of the dead space in my bathroom/Arizona room, a puzzled look fell on her face followed by a, "I can't picture it.". So here goes...

All huddled inside for the winter

Unnamed succulent hiding in the back
Latest photo of the planting tray
Although I am feeling under the weather,  the new plantings come with a resurgence in gardening. Let the new year of yummy plants begin! Now all I need to do is start planting more, more, more! I think last year's lessons will help the garden tremendously. And I hope to learn a few things this year too...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to start working on my plantings... All the books say to wait until spring but if you can plant in the beginning of January, so can I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going off of what I learned from last year's plantings, so a rebel? Possibly. Rebel with me and keep them inside til the frost free date of your area.

      Delete