Saturday, January 21, 2012

Riding the High


This week's planting peek has me riding high on the possibilities of this year's garden. And since I am still bed bound with the sickness, I am perusing my online seed site. Fedco Seeds did me well last year, and it was a no brainer to use this company this year, and possibly many more in the future. Not only do they have one killer catalog, but their earthy graphics are awesome too!


A graphic borrowed from the Fedco Site
Last year was my first year to grow flowers. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at the beauty in which they hold, but I was ignorant at the time and only grew plants I could eat. Silly me! The two neighbors that I share the compound with had beautiful flowers, and I could not be left behind in the beautification of the property. Now I am hooked! I have built numerous flower boxes that now lie empty. So not only am I going to buy seeds of veggies, but also of flowers. This year I am going to try my hand at making tinctures, and many of the flowers have ethnobotanical uses. BONUS! Lets see how this adventure works. Whether the flowers have uses or not, they will brighten up the hillside.

This ordering time I have about 25 different things picked out for different times of the year. My hopes are that I have forgotten many so I am able to order more in the coming months. With the compound's garden, the CSA I am halving, and the Farmer's Market and Co-op, I am and will be set for good, yummy, nutritious foods for the year. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment