Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sigh, welcome back?

Alas, it has been a while. What can I say?

It was a tough year for the garden. Many a times I took photos to document the actions of what was going on, yet I found myself too busy for a blog entry to happen. There's where dormant lies. A few select plants carried on through the summer. The tomatoes and peppers were rock stars and a few of their plants are still producing on a smaller scale. And the herbs are a plenty: thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary, lavender, and oregano act as though they are going to try and take on the winter. But after this weekend's freezing-like temperatures, I doubt they will rock much longer. But, in looking towards the future garden, kale and chard have been planted to hopefully provide greens during the winter. Chard was amazing last winter, I can't wait to have kale this year as an addition.

I traveled a bit in the summer for work, hitting up the Grand Canyon and Glacier, what gems we have in the National Park System. I was also preoccupied with artistic endeavors that made it that much easier on me when the plants continued to have things happening. If it wasn't the heat, it was the super bug bringing rain. They didn't stand a chance.

Found on a hike in GNP
I added a couple of items to the dia de los muertos wall on bark park. Multiple artists participated.
Placed my first wheat paste piece in public. Meet Koby. (SLee photo)
Although the plants didn't do as well as I had grandeurly imagined, they did produce yummy foods grown at home. And when that home is situated on a rock and is the upper desert, arid, mountainous land, anything grown and eaten is good fortune. I shall try again next year.

Coffee view from my little piece (rented) on a rock.

1 comment:

  1. so the garden isn't as fruitful as past years... the art you are creating is nourishing for the soul, as are the trips to national parks and immersion in nature. carry on!

    ReplyDelete