Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Forward?

The majority of the country cursed while changing for daylight savings time, but not this gal. No springing forward for me. Living in Arizona allows for no interruption of sleep patterns. No feeling whack until your body catches up with change. Til it happens again, a vicious cycle.

I am however, a fiend for this so-called spring. This winter has been the longest since I have lived in this state, and I am not sure how I will stay sane much longer. I am itching to plant onion, kale, and chard. Their containers are ready to plant, the only problem, winter. This long, wet (yea for moisture!), super cold winter. Ugh.

They long to spread their roots...

After a long spell of cold and snow mixed with a couple of days of nice, warm weather days happened upon us. Each time I start to gear up and try to spring-tastic the place for planting. The itch is there, then boom! It's forcasted for snow in the foreseeable future. Spring, I need you.

The handful of warmer weather days were great to start planting. I started many herbs, peppers, and tomatoes and they are starting to pop up in the bathroom/Arizona room. This area is so great to start little plants to be moved outside (and house those that usually live outside, when it isn't freezing). I didn't go as crazy as I did last year and plant anything and everything, but I think I will be just as successful with this plan of attack. Growing what I know will grow, the key to this year?

Bathroom oasis for growing

Looking to 'B' mountain
Plants, YEAH!

 I also whipped up a bird feeder from refurbished items. I switched a few things around in the directions, and learned of a better way to do it for the next one, but this prototype isn't too bad for a first time. Always learning lessons, the next one will be kick ass. It has brought a few birds around. I hope to have a few others made up soon to feed along the porch.

Feeder being used
Spring will be here soon, but in my opinion, not soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment