Monday, February 13, 2012

A bit of planting snuck in...

The piece for Central School Project 's Mystery Ball is nearing completion. Good thing, it is due in a few short days to be in place for the upcoming weekend. I was out of town for work a couple of days, which means I spent most of last couple of days finishing up the few things I lacked. A few more touches, a frame, and this thing is ready to be hauled down and assembled. I hope the damn thing isn't too heavy to carry down the stairs...Yikes!

The moisture is stuck in the air and when you add painting to the mix the results are slow drying. These little rest spots from the project gave the perfect amount of time to plant 24 new kinds of seeds, 6 of each actually. Yep, that's 144 little plants started. Many of these I have not grown before and am really looking forward to the test. Keeping the excitement on its toes. Then again, there are a few others that are repeats. Champs of the garden if you will. When I opened the packets to place the seeds in their respective holes it was like saying hello to an old friend. Like the tomatillo, which was a crazy producing plant last year and offered the best salsa many times over. And let us not forget the German thyme that accompanied many 'a scrumptious morning bagels...I think I am memory drooling.

Getting ready to be planted
I am hoping to be a bit more organized this year than last. I doubt this lasts too long, but for this mass seed starting venture I went the extra mile and charted out the layout of the planter. My hopes are to lessen the confusion in the coming weeks.

Hanging out with the more progressive plantlings
Its all about the organization


Good thing the weather stepped in and gave a few moments of non painting where the new plants that will (hopefully) provide me with yummy to the tummy goodness could be put in soil. So, don't forget folks, the CSP Mystery Ball is this weekend. Come on out, bring your cameras, and interact with this new project that has been in the works for weeks. It is a good fundraiser for this non-profit and the pieces are always so fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're letting the seedlings hang out with the plantlings. They can learn so much from each other. Maybe I'll try that. My oregano and rosemary are having NONE of this sunshine stuff and refuse to grow.
    As for your mad organizational skillz, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wasn't sure at first. You know, the plantlings could teach the seedlings all the wrong things. I guess it is a gamble, really. Let's see how long the organizational skills last...I doubt they can hang on too long.

    ReplyDelete