Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Progress Fosters Renewal

Aah, President's weekend. It was supposed to be a 3-day weekend that turned into 5 days off with a touch of flu and a visit to the dentist. Ok, in all fairness the trip to the dentist was scheduled, but the flu was a flat out sneaker upper and took me as its victim in the wee hours of Friday. Ick, is all I have to say about this thing. It was a horrible, horrible 3 days and I sure hope the next flu is not as bad as this one.

I had high hopes for this weekend too. I missed the Mystery Ball but didn't feel like I should share the joyous feelings I had been experiencing. Lots of work and time went into the project with no gratification with seeing people interact with the piece. I must say it turned out pretty damn good from what I could tell when we set it up Thursday night. I was also hoping to get a bit of birding in, but no. No new life birds added to my list. I did, however, get to a bit of gardening. After being in bed for 3 days (the third was a 'just in case' day) I just had to not lay down for a bit.  I found gardening can be done at a snail's pace, so snail's pace it went. Since I had over half a bag of soil left, planting was on the top of the list.

There were 4, technically 5 since mesclun mix comes from 2 packages, kinds of seeds that I had yet to plant from this year's seed purchase. Chives, carrots, spinach, and the mesclun mix were put to soil. There were also a few plants that were planted back on January 9 that needed to be transplanted. Hogheart paste and Peacevine cherry tomatoes are in full force and look quite happy in their bigger space.

This gardening season is starting off GREAT! I am glad I started so early on the seeds and able to apply a few mistakes learned from last year. I can almost taste the yummy goodness already...

No comments:

Post a Comment