Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flowers, Jesus Table, and Tons of Soap

The plants keep on keepin' on and I might have learned quite a lesson from this year's crop. Patience. This is the first time I have grown the majority of plants from seed and being around in the first stages of growing have been interesting. Most years I have picked up plants at local stores ready to plant. I quickly learned that a transition period is necessary or survival in this radiant area after I burned 3 plants by just setting them out. Hence, the Jesus (Hay-seuss) Table, and it is at its carrying capacity as of today. This area in the breezeway allows for sun rays to hit the plants more than they do in the bathroom, but not as strong as their final resting spots in the yard.


My hopes are to  have at least six more tomatoes out in buckets in the coming days, and little by little all the plants in the bathroom will have made their way either to the front porch (tomato land) or to Jesus area. Some of the tomatoes on the porch are even flowering. Who wants early cherry or tomatillos?

Peacevine Cherry Tom.

Tomatillo in full force
Geranium beginning to bloom


Another thing to happen on the compound in recent days is the cutting and storing of the soap. Not too bad either, it should last a while. Close to 50 bars were made, and since the price at the Farmer's Market is about $7/bar, buying the ingredients and waiting patiently will be well worth it in the coming months.

Stacks of goodness
And one last picture thrown in or fun-sies. Little Miss Frieda Paprika missed the hell out of me the last few days while I was away for work. She hasn't been out of my sight all day, always close on my heels. Good thing the porch is so inviting for the both of us.

Her favorite spot in the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment