Sunday, July 8, 2012

A blog fulla nuggets

As I log in and take a look at my blog entries I am greeting by so very many with the orange 'draft' beside them. Entries promised to be published, then life takes a hold and they are created, yet only seen by me. Since this has been the practice as of late, today will be a blog fulla nuggets.

Life is going by pretty fast these days, but not too fast to snap a few photos. Its the words that accompany...

Sunset on the way to Riggs Flat Lake, Mt. Graham, Az

Jim, me, and Arlo
 The garden has had some rock stars and some not so rock stars. This year has been tough, but now that we are out of that damn month we call June, I think things are headed for an upswing. The tomatoes are rocking out and producing like no other. I had the first squash of the year this past week, and it was AH-mazing. The potatoes bit the dust, but the carrots are rocking out.  Trade off?

Mmm, Black crim

Blackberry climbing

The only surviving Harlequin marigold

The mystery plant flowers, waiting for the fruit to identify

Johhny Cash flower pot a bloomin'

Tried to go camping last night, but turned into a day trip, an adventurous one at that. Headed up the Chiricahuas by way of Portal, but the campsites open were lower than the elevation I live. Makes for a warm time, so back to the safety of the Mule Mountains for slumber. 

Tree pose, Barfoot, Chiricahua Mountains
Rounding the storm

My tarantula friend found at work

2 comments:

  1. love the randomness... i too have way to many orange drafts staring back at me.
    I think the yellow flower on the mystery plant is squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a squash, but I am wondering if it will be a watermelon. It has taken many forms, so we shall see. Who knows what seeds I tossed in the worm bin it popped from.

    ReplyDelete